Energie Pilates Fitness offers state of art airbrush spray tanning. Our Professional Technicians will mix the perfect color for your skin and give you the tan of your dreams! Call the studio (630)734-3493 to schedule the best experience in Airbrush Tanning in the area. Single Full Body Airbrush $50, Half Body Airbrush $30 Packages: 5 Full Body Airbrush Tans $200, 5 Half Body Airbrush Tans $120.
Prior to airbrush tan:
- Shower and exfoliate prior to your tanning session. This is very important, as it will remove the dead skin off of your body, which will in return give you the longest-lasting tan possible. Exfoliate using a OIL FREE scrub. Any oil on the skin will leave a barrier and inhibit the spray tanning solution from developing. They are various in your local store with no need to buy expensive brands. Exfoliating prepares the skin for a spray tan and ensures optimal results. Please, do not injure the skin with rough exfoliation.
- Skin should be clean and dry before being airbrushed. For optimal results, do not apply moisturizers, deodorants, cologne, body oils, or makeup before your tanning appointment as they can affect the result of your tan.
- Women: Shave or Wax the night before your airbrush tanning session.
- Schedule your spray tan after you get your manicure, pedicure, massage, facial, and waxing. All of these services will disrupt an existing spray tan, so it is important to schedule the tan after these services are done.
- Style hair off of the face and neck. Use clips, rubber bands, etc..
- Remove jewelry before being airbrushed.
- If you choose to wear a swim suit, bring a dark, snug swimsuit or under garment to create “tan lines”. Being sprayed in undergarments is not necessary. It’s up to you and your comfort level.
Like perfume or cologne, the sunless solution reacts with each person’s skin chemistry and this determines color depth, tone and longevity. Most people will develop natural, even color from the solution as long as the before and after recommendations are followed completely. Some people will get a golden- tan color and others will develop more of a brown-tan color. The color difference is mostly due to the uniqueness of each person’s skin chemistry, not the solution. Other factors that can play a role in color tone are perfumes, moisturizers, and cleansing agents used prior to the airbrush session. It is VERY important for the skin to be clean and free of any other agent used prior to the airbrush session. The longevity of your spray tan will depend on the maintenance you give it and how well your skin reacts to the spray tan solution.
Post Airbrush Tanning Session Advice:
- It is crucial that you DO NOT touch the sprayed areas, doing so will eventually turn your fingers/hands brown.
- Wear dark loose clothing to leave in after your spray tan e.g. a oversize t-shirt and sweat pants. Avoid anything that is tight or has elastic as they can leave marks while you are still in the drying process. Preferably do not wear a bra for at least 4 hours afterwards.
- Wear flip-flops.
- DO NOT rub or scratch your body as this can also remove the spray tan tanning solution during the developing process.
- Avoid any strenuous exercise or perspiration activity immediately after the spray tanning session as this will affect the developing process. Sweat can cause a natural reaction that results in poor color and uneven results. Avoid any water contact on the skin until after the first shower. Water contact stops the tanning process immediately. Do not let your pets lick you as this too will cause streaking.
- If you are receiving a spray tan on a hot day it is recommended to apply talcum powder to areas of excess sweating after the spray tan is dry. It is also recommended to sit on a towel in the car after tanning to help prevent sweating.
- Wait at least 8 hours before showering. The bronzer will wash off during the first shower. This is normal.
- When showering for the first time and for the lifetime of your spray tan, put some gentle cleansing liquid in your palms and lightly apply it. Rinse your skin. DO NOT USE A LOOFAH, BUFFPAD, NYLON PUFF, or WASHCLOTH! Use warm water and pat dry. Avoid long hot showers/baths, spas, excessive heat such as a sauna and rubbing of the skin afterwards as this increases the natural skin exfoliation process. If you are going to be in a pool or at the beach, be sure to wear a thick waterproof or sport SPF to create a barrier between your tan and the water.
- Remember to wear a protective SPF Sunscreen when out in the sun to avoid sunburn.
- Most Important Apply a good moisturizer in the morning and at night! the best kind would be a tan extender. A tan extender has a light DHA bronzing in it to extend the look of your spray tan and reduces uneven wear and patchiness sometimes caused from shaving or chlorine exposure. Moisturizing slows down the natural skin exfoliation process thus extending the life of the tan. The more moisturizer you apply the longer the tan will last. Avoid using moisturizers or products that contain Glycolic Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Sodium Laureth Sulphate as these ingredients promote increased exfoliation and will accelerate the fading process of the tan. Tan extenders are also available at our location at a low special price.
We recommend that after continuous spray-tanning, let your skin rest. This allows you to completely lose your sunless tan periodically, which helps eliminate patchiness or uneven areas of wear. These areas are caused by normal contact with clothing and other surfaces, which cause unintended exfoliation. Healthy, moist skin will retain the results of your sunless tanning session longer. Sunless spray results